THIS WEEK'S SPITBALLER

THIS WEEK'S SPITBALLER - POPULAR CONSENSUS
BIZARRO!

Thursday, February 7, 2013

BATTLE ANGEL ALITA by Daniel Wong


Spent all my time reading this manga once I started doing reference research on it, and forgot all about drawing this.  This 3-week long Spitballin' is Battle Angel Alita, or GUNNM, as it is titled in its original publication in Japan.  The thing I love most about manga is that a title is synonymous to its creator, and as such, you often see a progression in the artist's style through its run.  And with this title, the main character Alita, goes through an evolution of sorts as well.  So, I just couldn't put it down until I finished reading the series.
Anyway, I chose to draw her in her original design, but in an artistic style that appears closer to the end of the series.

I hope you like.
--Daniel

No comments: