THIS WEEK'S SPITBALLER

THIS WEEK'S SPITBALLER - POPULAR CONSENSUS
BIZARRO!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

SWAMP THING by Ryan Bullard


So I'm a little late with Swampy this week, I just didn't have as much time this week as I would've liked. So what, wanna fight about it?

When I think of Swamp Thing, I don't really think of the comics character, instead I get all nostalgic about late night movies, junk food and vhs tapes. Swamp Thing brings back memories of staying up late watching campy, pulpy, schlock like Creepshow, Tales from the Darkside, and John Carpenter movies and many many others. In those way-back times when you had to rent them or be lucky enough to catch late night broadcasts. The Swamp Thing movies are pretty damn awful, but in that deliciously bad way, and I'm positive ol' Swampy had a hand in my endless love for misunderstood monsters and creatures of the night.

Halloween is right around the corner, and it's a great time to dig out old monster movies. Maybe give Swamp Thing another go after being lost in the bog for 30 years. I'm sure it'll be much more fun on an old fuzzy vhs though.

-Ryan.

No comments: