THIS WEEK'S SPITBALLER

THIS WEEK'S SPITBALLER - POPULAR CONSENSUS
BIZARRO!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

SPAWN by Gerard de la Costa


Ok, truthfully, I've never drawn Spawn and this was actually a fun character to draw; certainly not one of the usual heroes or villains in my "go to" list when I'm in the mood to draw something. I went old school, opting for Prismacolor markers due to my debilitating fear of Photoshop (my therapist and support group are all rooting for me - I'll beat this Photoshophobia!). Check out my sketchblog for the lineart.

When the idea of Spitballin' was presented to me I felt honoured to be included with the other talented artists. I hope that every week, with every character that we do, we'll be bringing out the best in each other. I guess that's what's at the core of this sketchgroup: to bring you out of your comfort zone, draw characters for the first time, and show everyone what you bring to the table art-wise.

This could be the start of a beautiful friendship.

- Gerard

3 comments:

Adam said...

look at you rendering like a champ. The spawn logo seems redundant but you do like your lettering so I'll let it slide this time! Love the detail aka the filipino way.

Unknown said...

Can come one tell me what the arkham city limited edition painting is worth ? I been trying to find it on the Internet. says it's done by ADAM METCALF & gerard de la costa. Thanks

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.